Want to extract audio from MP4? How to extract audio from video to MP3 for free? Here are 5 different ways to convert video to MP3. If you want to extract audio from MP4 in Windows 10 for free or want to extract audio from YouTube, you can try MiniTool software because of its powerful functions as well as straightforward audio extraction process.
There are 7 best acapella extractors in this post. They can isolate vocals and instruments in songs and help you create acapellas from any song.
Congratulations! There are different 5 ways to help you extract audio from MP4 and one simple way to extract audio from YouTube videos.
Here, you might be interested in this post: remove audio from video.
5 Simple Ways to Extract Audio from MP4
- MiniTool MovieMaker
- Online Audio Converter
Method 1. How to Extract Audio from MP4 Free
Is it possible to easily and quickly extract audio from video for free? Yes! MiniTool MovieMaker makes it possible.
Why Choose MiniTool MovieMaker?
MiniTool MovieMaker is a free, no ads, no bundle video editing software without watermark. This free tool offers a simple and clean user interface that lets you easily extract audio from any video (such as MOV, AVI, FLV, etc.). Besides, this free audio extractor can do much more.
Here are some features of this free movie maker:
- It lets you create slideshow with pictures and music files.
- It can fade in or fade out music files, combine music files, split/trim music files, etc.
- It offers different video templates including love, wedding, travel, etc. to help you quickly create outstanding videos. You only need to choose a template, import your photos/videos, and share this movie with friends.
- It offers about 100 cool video transitions, and effects to help you combine multiple videos to create a movie easily.
- It offers Trim and Split feature that helps you cut video as well as audio files.
- It offers animated texts that allow you to add titles, subtitles, and end credits to video to complete your story.
- It not only can extract audio from video but also can remove audio from video easily.
- It can change video format, change video bitrate, as well as change video resolution.
- It supports many video formats including 3GP, MOV, AVI, FLV, MKV, MP4, VOB, etc.
MiniTool MovieMaker is a good option for users who want to extract audio from video. Now, let’s see how to convert MP4 to MP3.
Can you change Instagram story music length? Can you make Instagram music longer than 15 seconds? This post tells How to make music longer on Instagram story.
3 Steps to Extract Audio from MP4 Free
Step 1. Download and install the free audio extractor.
Free download and install MiniTool MovieMaker on PC. This free audio extractor supports Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10.
Step 2. Import files.
Launch the free movie maker and close the movie templates window to enter into its main interface. Click the Import Media Files button to import the MP4 file you want to extract its audio. Drag and drop this video file to the timeline as follows. Of course, you can import other video file formats to extract their audio files.
Now, you can edit this MP4 file as you like, including rotate video, split video, trim video, change brightness, apply 3D Luts, add text, etc. If not, please go to step 3.
Step 3. Extract audio from MP4 to MP3.
Click Export button to get the following window.
In this window, you can choose MP3 from the drop-down list of Format, enter the name of this file and choose a path to store the audio file. After that, click the Export button to start extracting audio from MP4.
Here, you also can choose another file format with this free video editor to change video format. For instance, you can choose GIF to convert video to GIF.
After the extracting has been completed, you can click the Find Target button to check the MP3 file.
See! It is very easy to extract audio from MP4, isn’t it?
In general, with MiniTool MovieMaker, you not only can extract audio from video, but also can convert audio to video.
Here’s a video guide.
Method 2. How to Extract Audio from MP4 Online
If you don’t want to download and install any audio extractor software, you can extract audio from MP4 online. There are many different online audio extractors to help you extract audio from video online.
Online audio converter is a good choice for users who want to extract audio from MP4 video file because of its wide range of supported file formats as well as the straightforward audio extraction process.
Now, try the following steps to extract audio from video online.
Step 1. Go to the official site of this online audio converter, and click Open files. Select the MP4 video you want to extract its sound. The maximum size of the file you can upload to is 2048mb.
Step 2. The MP3 format is selected by default. Thus, you can click the Extract Audio option to extract sound from video to MP3. Here, you also can choose another audio file format such as iPhone ringtone, M4A, FLAC, OGG, etc.
Step 3. Click Download button until the file is converted to export your audio file or save it to Google Drive or Dropbox.
Method 3. How to Extract Audio from MP4 Audacity?
Audacity is a free and open-source digital audio editor and recording software. It offers a full set of tools that lets you edit audio files, as well as extract audio from MP4. And, Audacity is available for Windows, macOS, Linux, and other Unix-like operating systems.
The following step-by-step tutorial will show you how to extract audio from MP4 in Audacity.
Step 1: Download and install Audacity.
After downloading and installing Audacity and FFmpeg library, you can open Audacity to export a file in MP3 format.
Step 2: Import MP4 video and choose the output format.
- Click on File, choose Open to import the MP4 file you want to extract its audio.
- Click File and choose Export button.
- Select the format you want to save the audio file as (such as Export as MP3, Export as WAV, etc.).
- Select a location to save the audio file. You can enter a name for the audio file, choose bit rate, and choose quality.
- Click Save button. Now, Audacity begins to extract audio from MP4 video to MP3.
Related article: What is video bitrate.
Step 3: Check the video files
Finally, you can check the audio file on the location you choose to make sure everything worked.
Method 4. How to Extract Audio from MP4 Mac?
How to extract audio from a video on Mac? How to convert MP4 to MP3 on Mac? How to export audio from QuickTime?
Mac users also can extract audio from video without installing any software. QuickTime, a video player, can record movie/audio/PC, and extract audio from video files easily and quickly. Unfortunately, QuickTime player doesn’t support Windows computers. Now, Mac users try the following steps to extract audio from MP4 without installing software.
Step 1. Open QuickTime in your Mac and load the MP4 file you want to convert.
Step 2. In the Menu bar, click File, choose Export option and select the Audio Only. Name the MP3 file and select a location to save this file.
Step 3. Finally, click Done to start the extracting option.
Related article: QuickTime Converter.
Are you searching for the best apps to make album covers for your EP? Read this post! Here we will recommend the top 4 good apps to make album covers.
Method 5. How to Extract Audio from MP4 via VLC?
VLC, a versatile media player, also can extract audio from MP4. If you are no familiar with this tool, you can take the following steps to convert MP4 video to MP3.
Step 1: Download and install VLC.
- Download and install VLC media player on your computer.
- Open VLC.
- Click the Media and choose Convert/Save on the top menu.
Step 2. Add MP4 to VLC media player.
Click Add button, select the video you want and click Open button. After adding MP4 file, click Convert/Save button.
Step 3. Extract audio from MP4
- Choose the output format under Profile, such as MP3, FLAC, or OGG (Vorbis).
- Click the Destination and browse a location to save the audio file, enter a name for the audio file, and click the Save button.
- Click the Start button to start the extraction.
Further Reading – How to Extract Audio from YouTube Videos?
Some users are eager to know whether they can extract audio from YouTube videos. Of course, they can. MiniTool uTube Downloader, a free YouTube ripper, lets users easily extract audio from YouTube.
3 Steps to extract audio from YouTube
- Download and install this free YouTube to MP3 converter, and launch it.
- Search the video by entering keywords, and select the video you want to convert, click the Download button.
- Select the audio file format, MP3, and click the Download button to start extracting.
Related article: download audio from YouTube
MinTool uTube Downloader not only can extract audio from video to MP3 but also can extract audio from video playlist. You can read this post “download YouTube playlist” to learn how to extract audio from YouTube playlist.
There are 5 different ways to extract audio from MP4 to MP3. Now, it’s your time to extract audio from video.
If you have found any good audio extractor, please share it with us! Thanks in advance!
If you have any questions on how to convert MP4 to MP3 or extract audio from YouTube videos, please contact us via [email protected]. We will solve your issues as soon as possible.
How to create M3U playlists on your computer? Is there any good IPTV M3U playlist? This post offers you 3 M3U playlist creators to help you make M3U playlists.
Extract Audio from MP4 FAQ
- Launch MiniTool MovieMaker.
- Import your video file to this free audio extractor.
- Drag and drop this file to the timeline.
- Click the Export button.
- Select an audio file format like MP3.
- Click the Export button.
- Download and install MiniTool MovieMaker, and launch it to get its main interface.
- Import your MP4 files by clicking the Import Media Files button.
- Drag and drop MP4 to timeline, and edit this video file if you like.
- Click the Export button, and select MP3 as the output format.
- Click the Export button again to start converting MP4 to MP3.
- How to Make a Video from Photos | 4 Easy Ways
- Top 4 Terrific Apps to Make Photos Look Vintage
- Solved – Smart Object Is Not Directly Editable
- Top 4 Video Grabber Tools to Grab Any Video from Internet
- 6 Online Video Quality Enhancers That Worth a Try