How to splice video files on PC? This post shows 7 different free splice video editor for PC. You can try these tools to create a continuous movie easily. For instance, if you want to splice video files quickly and export it without watermark, you can try MiniTool MovieMaker.
How to splice video? How to create continuous movies easily? Video splicer can help you splice up your small digital camera shots, or captured VHS recordings and family videos. For instance, Splice Video Editor, works on iPhone and iPad, can splice video clips together to create a new movie. Unfortunately, this tool doesn’t come with a desktop version.
Don’t worry, you have options! There are many free tools for splicing video files. The tricky part is finding the ones worth using. Keep reading to learn how to spice video using these free splice video editors for PC.
Here, we make a comparison table for you to have a better understanding of these 7 video splicer tools.
|MiniTool MovieMaker||Free||Don’t support Mac|
|Weenysoft Video Joiner||Free||Don’t have the save feature for queued files|
|Format Factory||Free||The installer includes potentially unwanted programs|
|Photos App||Free||No video transitions|
|Shotcut||Free||Wide range of export and import formats supported||Official tutorials and documentation are a little anemic|
|EaseUS Video Editor||Free & Paid|
|Wondershare Filmora||Free & Paid|
#1. MiniTool MovieMaker (Recommended)
MiniTool MovieMaker is a free, no ads, no bundle, watermark-free video editing software. As one the most intuitive and easy to use splice video editor for PC, you can easily splice video within a few clicks.
You can create continuous movies with some video clips from scratch based on your creativity and vision. On the other hand, you can quickly splice video together via using video templates.
Easy Steps to Use This Free Video Splicer for PC
MiniTool MovieMaker makes “how to splice videos on PC” is just a piece of cake now. With this free video editing software, you can easily and seamlessly splice videos files into a single one.
Step 1. Launch MiniTool MovieMaker.
Download and install this free video splicer on your computer (Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10). Launch it to get its main interface. Click Import Media files icon in the media library to import your target video clips from PC.
Step 2. Splice video files.
Drag and drop these video files to the timeline and rearrange the order of the video clips. Or, you can directly put them to the timeline in sequence. Next, you can apply video transitions between the two clips to make your video smoothly.
If your video is too long, or you want to use some part of the video to splice it with others, you can use the trim or split feature to trim video or split video. Related article: video splitter.
Step 3. Edit and enhance your video (optional).
After splicing videos together into one, you can go ahead to give the video a new look. MiniTool MovieMaker provides some basic video & audio edits including rotation, brightness, contrast, voice changing, playing speed settings, and more. These editing features will make you have a charming and unique video.
Related article: slow motion video.
Step 4. Save video.
This free splice video editor for PC lets you save the video without any quality loss after splicing.
Click the Export button, select a format, click settings to chose video bitrate as well as video quality, and select a path to export this video on PC.
- Intuitive and clean interface that enables you to easily edit and splice videos.
- Easily split video, trim video, rotate video, mirror video, and change video speed including speed up video, slow down video, and reverse video without any difficulty.
- Make time-lapse videos, make meme videos, make Facebook slideshows, etc.
- Highly compatible with all the popular video and audio formats.
- Customize video with animated text modules, cool video transitions, motion effects (also called pan and zoom).
- Add music to video, mute the background audio file from video, fade in or fade out music file, etc.
- Save the video on PC with different video formats, even save the video to MP3.
Some advanced features are missing (for instance, Picture-in-picture, screen green, etc.).
#2. Weenysoft Video Joiner
Weenysoft Video Joiner is a very simple splice video editor for PC. This free tool only does one thing, merging video files, very well. This tool lets you splice videos files easily and quickly. You can splice video files from 3GP, AVI, FLV, MP4, MPG, RMVB, VOB, WMW, and more.
Besides, this video splicer lets you adjust the output settings including video bitrate, video framerate, video codec, video size, audio quality, and audio volume.
- Easy to use.
- Support many video formats.
Lack of the save feature for queued files.
Does Windows 11 have built-in video editor? Yes, it has more than one app. Besides, there are many third-party Windows 11 video editors.
#3. Format Factory
Format Factory is an audio and video converter that can easily convert audio, video to various file formats (for instance, MP4/3GP/MPG/AVI/WMV/FLV/SWF). Additionally, it is a free splice video editor for PC that allows you to easily splice video files on PC.
To splice videos, select Utilities and click Video Joiner in the sidebar. Then, set the Output Settings. Click Add files to load all of the individual clips. Click Start to splicing video files on PC.
It is recommended to know that this free video splicer requires over 150 MB to install, and requires a hefty amount of space for splicing video files.
Some other features included in this free video splicer:
- All format video joining
- Supports RMVB, Watermarks, AV Mux
- MP4 files support for iPod, iPhone, PSP, Blackberry
- Contain basic video editing options.
- Support various video formats.
Lack of the ability to convert audio files.
#4. Microsoft Photos
If you have the Windows 10 with the Fall Creators Update, your Windows 10 will transform your Photos App into a powerful video editing software.
The Photos app was originally designed to help you organize your pictures and videos as in legacy Windows Movie Maker. Of course, this tool can help you splice and merge video files.
Related article: Windows Movie Maker alternative
Steps on How to Use the Free Splice Video Editor:
- Open Photos app.
- Click Create Tab, and start a video project.
- Give a name for your project.
- Import the video clips you want o to splice them together.
- Drag and drop these video files to the timeline.
- Edit the movie if you like. For instance, add text to video, change the motion of the video, apply 3D effects as well as filters to video, trim video, split video, change video speed, etc.
- Save the merged video file on your PC after you are finished.
- Simple as well as touch-friendly interface.
- Good photo browsing and searching features.
- Automatically creates albums.
- Solid selection of image-correction tools.
- Cool 3D effects.
- No star ratings or before-and-after view.
- Cannot tag faces.
- No video transitions.
- Does not support panorama stitching or selective focus.
What are the Windows 11 video editors, either official apps or non-official programs? Where to find and download the video editors?
Shotcut is a simple, open-source, and multi-platform video editor that allows you to splice video files. With this free splice video editor for PC, you can upload almost anything supported by FFmpeg, including 4K videos and image files, in its window.
After uploading the files, you can right-click the Tools to access to the splicing option. Besides, you can try the filters to customize the video.
- Free, open-source yet powerful video editing software.
- Support lots of output formats.
- Contain chroma-keying and filter effects.
- Few video transitions.
- Less intuitive than commercial video editors.
- No 360 VR or 3D support.
#6. EaseUS Video Editor
EaseUS Video Editor has a good collection of video editing features like splicing, trimming, merging, rotating, etc. With this tool, you can turn your clips or footage into marvelous videos.
When splicing video files, you can apply Elements, Transitions and others to your video, and you can cut, trim and split the video into the desired length to give the intended look to your videos.
EaseUS Video Editor offers a free trial version, but it contains some limited features:
- There will be a watermark on the output of the video
- Unable to enhance video for recording
- Unable to export 1080P/HD video
- Only 3 trails for Speech_Text Converter
- Instantly splice the video using a keyboard or mouse.
- Change the length of the video as well as change video speed easily.
- Detach and delete audio of the spliced video.
- Support a wide range of video formats.
Free trial version with limited features.
How to use video editor Windows 11? How to video editor in Windows 10? What video editors does Windows have? Find the answers here!
#7. Wondershare Filmora
Recommended by many authoritative third-parties, Wondershare Filmora9 is a highly sophisticated video editing software. If you have some basic knowledge about video editing or splicing video files, you can try this professional splice video editor for PC.
Filmora supports a wider range of videos, audios, and photos, and provides all common editing tools like trim video, rotate video, split video, merge video, etc.
Although you can use the free version of Filmora to splice video files, your exported video will have a watermark. To export without a watermark, please choose the advanced plans.
- Instant splice video, cut video and trim video without quality loss.
- Optimize the audio quality with an audio-denoise feature.
- Support popular formats like MTS, MOV and MP4.
- High-quality effects and transitions.
- Lots of extra downloads required.
- Some options are hidden out of the way.
- The free version will add watermark to your exported video.
Here, we list 7 different splice video editors for PC. With the above-mentioned video editing software, video editors can import video files and splice them. Of all the tools we have talked about, it is clear that MiniTool MovieMaker is suitable for all common users. This free video splicer not only offers wizard-like interfaces but also lets you export video without watermark.
Which splice video editor for PC you like to use? Please tell us.
Should you have any questions on how to use MiniTool MovieMaker, please feel free to contact us via [email protected].
Splice Video Editor FAQ
- If you want to remove the head and/or the tail of the clip, you can trim video.
- If your video is too long and you want to cut your long video into several parts, you can split it.
- If you want to merge or join different video clips together, you can splice them.
- Windows Movie Maker
- MiniTool MovieMaker
- VSDC Free Video Editor
- DaVinci Resolve
- VideoPad Video Editor
- Right-click the video file on PC.
- Choose Open with and click Photos.
- Select the Trim button loaded at the upper-right portion of the window.
- Slide the two white sliders to where the portion of the video you wish to keep is.
- Click the Save a copy, and give the video file a new name to save it.