Are you still looking for Windows Movie Maker? Are you still using Windows Movie Maker to create a video? What should you do if you encounter some Movie Maker problems? Have you ever thought of Windows Movie Maker substitutes? Here, this post lists the best free Windows 10 Movie Maker alternative – MiniTool MovieMaker.
You must have heard about the free video editing software Windows Movie Maker. As one of the world's most popular free video editor, Movie Maker can help you easily and quickly create a movie with your videos and photos. Unfortunately, this tool has been laid to rest. Don’t worry! There are some Movie Maker alternatives available that are more powerful and easy to use.
Windows Movie Maker
Windows Movie Maker, part of Windows Essentials 2012, is a video editing software by Microsoft and offers the ability to create and edit videos as well as to publish them on OneDrive, Facebook, Vimeo, YouTube, and Flickr. Here, you can click the following button to get the free video editing software.
This download link is offered by MiniTool® Software Ltd. This professional software development company offers a free download of Movie Maker, and this download is completely safe. 100% Virus-Free and Spyware-Free Guaranteed! (Of course, this company also offers other powerful tools like file recovery software, partition management software, free backup software, etc. More information can be found in Welcome to MiniTool MovieMaker.)
After downloading the free video editing software, you can install it on computer and then launch it to get its main interface as follows.
From this above interface, you can see that there are main 4 parts of this software: Menus bar, Ribbon or Tool bar, Preview window, and Storyboard pane.
With a clear interface, you can easily create a movie with this software.
Simple Steps to Create a Video
Here, take the following steps to create a movie with Windows Movie Maker.
First, you need to import your media files including pictures and videos to Windows Movie Maker.
Second, you can edit your movie. Windows Movie Maker offers the following special effects to help you enhance and complete your movie.
- Transition: Movie Maker offers 78 transitions to help you make the switch smooth and look good. Related: How to Add Transition to Video with Windows Movie Maker (Beginners).
- Pan and zoom: The free video editing software let you apply Pan and Zoom effect to the video or image and make it slowly zoom in on the subjects of interest and pan from one subject to another.
- Visual Effects: This Microsoft tool offers a variety of filters and editing effects to change the appearance of your video clips.
- AutoMovie themes: Movie Maker offers 7 AutoMovie themes including contemporary, default, fade, cinematic, pan and zoom, sepia, and black & white, and these themes are presented in simple, good taste.
Finally, export your movie.
Reading here, you might be wondering:
“Why we need to use Windows Movie Maker Alternative?”
Now, keep reading to know more answers.
Why We Need Movie Maker Alternative
To be quite honest, Movie Maker is a good choice for us to make a movie. It is a free video editing software. It offers clear interface. It provides some special effects to help you complete your movie.
Movie Maker was indeed once the world's most popular free video editor, but it has been laid to rest after many years of distinguished service. Although we can still get this tool from some websites, the software won't receive any security updates to fix newly discovered vulnerabilities. For instance, sometimes, users will receive this “Windows Movie Maker cannot save the movie to the specified location” error message when they are saving files.
And, they will always encounter a variety of problems when editing a movie with Windows Movie Maker, such as black bars. There are some common Movie Maker problems.
Windows Movie Maker Not Working
According to a survey, we find many users have encountered the Movie Maker not working issue. If they launch the free video editing software, they will encounter the following messages:
- Windows Movie Maker has stopped working.
- Movie Maker can’t start.
Have you encountered the same issue? Do you know how to solve these errors? Don’t worry if your Windows Movie Maker is not working, you can find answers from this post: Solved – Windows Movie Maker Not Working (Windows 10/8/7).
Windows Movie Maker No Sound
It is a little pity that you cannot hear the sound when you edit a wonderful movie in Windows Movie Maker. However, unfortunately, movie maker no sound issue is a common problem. Sometimes, you can easily fix this issue by converting video file format. (Here, you can find more solutions from this post: 8 Solutions: Windows Movie Maker No Sound.) However, we find this solution didn’t work in many cases. And, a lot of users finally solved the no sound issue by using a Movie Maker alternative.
Windows Movie Maker Black Bars
You must have seen a video with black bars! You must have encountered the black bars issue when using Windows Movie Maker! However, do you know how to solve this issue successfully? Here, you can find the detailed steps on how to remove black bars as long as you read this post “Tutorial: How to Remove Black Bars - Windows Movie Maker.”
Windows Movie Maker Crashes
Movie Maker crashes is an inevitable question. It is known that the freeze up crash unexpectedly will just enrage and frustrate those who are trying to work on at that time. Unfortunately, we don’t have a good method for this question, and Movie Maker won't receive any security updates. Thus,
it is necessary to look for Windows Movie Maker substitutes.
SEE! There are a lot of different problems while using Windows Movie Maker. Related: 6 Things You Need to Know About Free Windows Movie Maker. Therefore, more and more users are looking for a good alternative. Now, I guess you might be wondering:
“Which one is the best free alternative to Movie Maker?”
The Best Windows Movie Maker Alternative – MiniTool MovieMaker
There are a lot of video editing software on the market. Here, MiniTool MovieMaker, all-in-one video app coming soon from MiniTool® Software Ltd, is the best free alternative to Movie Maker. This all-new video editing software can help you make and edit videos easily and quickly.
Why Choose MiniTool MovieMaker
1. Gives you movie templates to choose
The target audience for MiniTool MovieMaker is the average video creator who is looking to get professional-looking results quickly and easily. The best Windows 10 Movie Maker alternative offers wizard-like interfaces to help you easily create a movie. More importantly, this software offers movie templates. You only need to select a suitable movie template like love and then import your files including pictures as well as videos. After that, you will get a cool movie with your own media files. Of course, if you don’t like some details of this video, you can edit it before saving. To be honest, even our grandma can easily create a wonderful movie with this software.
2. Gives you (tons) of flexibility with movie effects
- Transitions: MiniTool MovieMaker offers video transitions to help you create a video. (For digital video, the transition can be more visual and obvious such as fade-outs, wipes, dissolves and fades or other visual effects.) The best Movie Maker alternative offers a collection of clean and modern graphic transitions that would suit many video projects from the creative to commercial.
- Effects: In order to make your movie more beautiful and outstanding, MiniTool MovieMaker offers a lot of effects to help you complete your movie. For instance, you can change the shape of your clip, and you can change the color of your clip, etc. Of course, the steps are very easy. You just need to select the clip you want to change, then select the desired effect template, and finally drag it to the selected clip.
- Text: We hear you on those tired, old, inflexible title templates. The best free alternative to Movie Maker provides a lot of wonderful animated text templates. Besides, MiniTool MovieMaker offers titles, captions and You can apply a suitable text template to your video. For instance, if you are making a love movie, you can choose a title about love, and then change the word.
3. Helps you work in simple track
As we know, many video editing editors always offer multiple tracks to let users edit and create a cool movie. For professional users, they like multiple tracks. However, the vast majority of users need to learn more professional knowledge about editing video if the video editor contains a lot of different tracks. Here, fortunately, MiniTool MovieMaker offers a simple and clean video track, as well as a soundtrack to help you create a cool movie easily.
4. Empowers you to edit video easily
The best Movie Maker alternative not only helps you easily and quickly cut a large clip into smaller sections without losing any frames in the process but also makes you remove unwanted frames from the start or end of a clip.
Download this free video editor, and try it out.
Windows Movie Maker is a good choice for us to create a movie. However, Movie Maker was discontinued officially without a replacement on January 10, 2017. MiniTool MovieMaker is the best Windows Movie Maker alternative. It is easy to use yet powerful. With this tool, you can easily create a wonderful movie. What’s more, you can achieve some advanced features such as animation effects, color correction in MiniTool easily.
Should you have any questions or suggestions about MiniTool MovieMaker, please leave a comment in the comment below or send us emails via [email protected]. We will solve it as soon as possible.