Final Cut Pro is a powerful video editing software for Mac users. Is Final Cut Pro available for Windows? Here, Windows users can try the top 6 alternatives. Choose a suitable Final Cut Pro alternative for Windows like MiniTool MovieMaker to create your movies on PC.
Final Cut Pro (now the Final Cut Pro X) is the most popular video editing software on the market and is Apple's signature professional video editing software. This tool will fit almost any need you have. However, unfortunately, Final Cut Pro is only designed for Mac users.
If you are a Windows user, you might wish to find a video editing software similar to Final Cut Pro for Windows PC. Congratulations! You are in the right place.
This article lists some of the best alternatives to Final Cut Pro for Windows. You can choose a suitable one to create your own movies. Please note that all the video editing software listed below are not in particular order.
1. Adobe Premiere Pro CC
After studying different Windows video editing software, we find the closest equivalent to Final Cut Pro for Windows is Adobe Premiere Pro CC. This professional tool offers a lot of the same great features and compatibility as Final Cut Pro and is also Apple's biggest competitor in the professional video editing space.
This Final Cut Pro for Windows alternative is used by Hollywood filmmakers, TV editors, and YouTubers because of its excellent features. See the below Final Cut Pro Windows review to know more details:
- It provides precise and simple color grading that helps you select color grading easily and accurately. It also reduces the time of it takes to adjust the shades.
- It can edit footage in any modern format, from 8K to virtual reality, and mix the different frames at a given specific sequence. You can easily work with your media because it supports broad native files and offers simple proxy workflows.
- It supports DNxHD files.
- It can improve audio instantly. In the Essential Sound panel you can move the new sliders to dial down or remove background noise and reverb for incredible results.
- Premiere Pro works seamlessly with hundreds of partner technologies, including After Effects, Adobe Audition, and Adobe Stock. For instance, you can directly open a Motion Graphics template from After Effects without leaving the app.
- More importantly, this alternative to Final Cut Pro for Windows can stockpile backup files anywhere on a hard or somewhere else.
Adobe Premiere Pro CC indeed is the best alternative to Final Cut Pro for Windows. However, this tool is too professional for users to learn. Besides, you have to consider the price for Final Cut Pro for Windows 7.
Is there a simple or free alternative?
Want to know the best answer?
2. MiniTool Movie Maker (Recommended)
MiniTool Movie Maker, an all-new-one and free video editing software, is strongly recommended here. This tool is an excellent alternative to Final Cut Pro for Windows as it offers intuitive and user-friendly interfaces.
Why did we choose MiniTool Movie Maker as one of the best alternatives to Final Cut Pro for Windows 10/8/7? Look at the below the free and simple MP4 editor review to find answers:
- It offers movie templates including love, wedding, birthday, etc. to help you create outstanding movies easily.
- It offers simple and clear interfaces. Even if you are a beginner you can easily use this tool to create outstanding movies easily and quickly.
- It not only can split a long video into small parts, but also can trim video to remove some unwanted parts from the start or end of a clip with a few clicks.
- It can combine videos into one to make a cool movie.
- It supports different file formats, including .rmvb, .3gp, .mov, .avi, .flv, .mkv, .mp4, .mpg, .vob, .wmv, and more.
- It can save the edited video to any popular video format or fit the mobile devices.
- It is available for Windows 7/8/10.
- More importantly, it is a free video editing software without watermark. You don’t need to consider the Final Cut Pro for Windows 7 price issue.
How to Use the Best Final Cut Pro Alternative for Windows
Here, in order to make you better understand the best Final Cut Pro alternative, I have simply explained how to use this tool as follows:
Step 1. The below window is the main interface of this simple and best alternative to Final Cut Pro for Windows. Here, you can click the Import Media Files option to import your videos, pictures and music files. Of course you are able to import MP3 files, which are converted from YouTube video via YouTube to MP3 converter.
Step 2. Then, drag and drop these files to the storyboard and change its accordingly.
Step 3. Next, you can easily split video, add video transition, change color, add text, fade music, etc. For instance, you can click the Transition mode, and then select a suitable transition mode, and drag it to the storyboard to make your movie more smoothly.
Step 4. Finally, you can save your movie on PC with different video formats like .wmv, .mp4, .avi, .mov, .f4v, .mkv, .ts, .3gp, .mpeg2, .webm, .gif, and .mp3. Besides, if you have devices like iPhone, iPad, Nexus, Samsung Note 9, Xbox One, and others, you can directly export video that will be played perfectly on the go.
Related article: How to change video format.
For more detailed steps of how to use the best alternative to Final Cut Pro for Windows you can click here User Manual.
3. Windows Movie Maker
Windows users, especially Windows 7 users, must have heard of the Windows built-in video editing software – Windows Movie Maker. It is another good alternative to Final Cut Pro for Windows as it is very simple to use.
New users will like this tool because there is no multi-track timeline. People can easily create a movie with this tool without spending much time learning it. Besides, the Final Cut Pro for Windows 7 price issue doesn't exist as it is a free tool.
Download Final Cut Pro for Windows 8/10, install it on your PC and then launch it to get its main interface which is composed of 4 parts: Menus bar, Ribbon or Toolbar, Preview Pane, and Storyboard Pane.
Now, you can import your files from your PC, mobile device, and Photo Gallery. More details can be found in How to Add Pictures and Videos to Windows Movie Maker.
Then, you can split or trim video, you can add transitions, animations, and effects to enhance your movie, you even can add text to video to complete your movie.
Finally, you are able to save your movie or upload your movie to Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo or more right from the program. More details can be found in How to Use Movie Maker | Step-by-step Guide for Beginners.
4. Cyberlink PowerDirector
Designed more for personal use than professional editing, CyberLink's PowerDirector 16 Ultimate offers a very similar user interface to Final Cut Pro. This media editing software is another alternative to Final Cut Pro for Windows users to create films based on family, travel, and sports.
This alternative to Final Cut Pro for Windows has a variety of advanced features like multi-cam support, LUTs, color-correction (including automatic CC), 360-degree video editing and stabilization.
CyberLink's PowerDirector offers professional-grade video editing and production for creators of all levels. Whether you are a beginner or professional you can use this tool to create a video.
PowerDirector also offers a wide array of useful professional sound effect clips. You can add these clips to your movie and upload it to YouTube.
Here, you have to consider the Final Cut Pro for Windows 7 price issue. If you don’t want to purchase this program, you can download a 30-day trial version from the official website. However, the trial version of the software offers limited options. For instance, your created video will have a watermark, and you cannot create high-quality video files.
5. VEGAS Pro
Vegas Pro 16 is another decent Final Cut Pro for Windows alternative because it offers a similar price-point, interface and feature set. Vegas Pro includes NVIDIA and Intel hardware accelerations, thus the overall editing performance is excellent.
This professional video editing software provides advanced video as well as audio editing features. It can edit professional video and audio material, but it also exports outputs with a high-resolution quality of up to 4K. This alternative is widely used by professional filmmakers.
With Vegas Pro you can easily edit 3D videos, and you can edit high-quality videos without any quality loss. You can make a perfect video as long as you use a video stabilization feature and motion tracking tool. On top of this Vegas Pro is able to create subtitles automatically.
Unfortunately, if you are a new editor, you have to spend time learning this Final Cut Pro for Windows alternative before using this program effectively.
6. Camtasia Studio
Last but not least, we will show you another good Final Cut Pro for Windows alternative - Camtasia Studio which enables you to produce stunning videos without being a professional video editor.
The best alternatives to Final Cut Pro X would be something like Adobe Premiere Pro, or something from that league. Sure, Camtasia is not the same as the Adobe’s, but it can be easier to use for the beginners.
Camtasia is simple, but it is full of features. The below is this Final Cut Pro Windows alternative review.
- Record video and audio from your desktop.
- Record webcam to add a personal touch to your video.
- Record and edit your audio clips to get the perfect audio for your video.
- Customize pre-made animations and add them to your videos.
- Add eye-catching titles, annotations, and callouts to your video.
- Add zoom in, zoom out, and pan animations to your screen recordings.
- Improve the flow of your videos by adding transitions between scenes and slides.
Patrick Doolin, CEO of Integrity Data, says, “Camtasia allows us to do everything we’ve wanted to do in creating, editing, and publishing our videos.”
Now, you must have a basic understanding of these alternatives to Final Cut Pro for Windows. There is no doubt that each has its particular strengths and weaknesses, but all of them can help you make a cool movie.
Please tell us which one would you like to choose.
Should you have another good suggestion about Final Cut Pro for Windows alternatives please share them with us by leaving comments or sending emails to [email protected]. Thanks in advance!