What Is Voice Changer
Voice changer, also known as voice enhancer, considers as a device that can change the tone or pitch of or add distortion to the user’s voice or a combination and vary greatly in price and sophistication.
It can be seen in movies and anime series. You may know Detective Conan. Conan, the main protagonist of this show uses a voice changer to imitate all kinds of voices that he hears.
In addition to imitating voices, voice changer software also allows you to do the following things.
- Fade in and fade out the audio. Here recommend using MiniTool software – MiniTool MovieMaker.
- Adjust the volume of the audio.
- Convert your voice from female to male.
- Add vocal effects like a robot, alien, echo and so on.
- Speed up the audio file.
Read this post, and then you will find how to change video resolution for better viewing on different video platforms.
Why Need a Voice Changer
There are various reasons for choosing a voice changer.
- You may want to play a prank on your friends and you need to disguise your voice in order to hide your identity.
- You’d like to share your life, skills and ideas with others, and start a YouTube channel to upload videos, but you don’t want to use your true voice in the video.
- Sometimes, a voice changer is used for protecting a witness who is interviewed.
- You want to protect your privacy by masking your voice over phone calls.
Recommendation: How to Edit Audio for Video-3 Practical Skills [MiniTool Tips]
The Best Voice Changers
As mentioned above, a voice changer can change the pitch of the user’s voice, use a male or female voice, apply vocal effects and protect the user’s identity. This post picks out the best voice changers for you. You can choose the one you like if needed.
Voice Changers for YouTube
The following voice changer software can help you change voice in YouTube video.
MiniTool MovieMaker is a free video editing software. With it, you can add music to video and edit it without watermark. Besides, the video editor offers you a variety of stunning effects, transitions and animations.
It’s also a discord voice changer that allows you to add fade-in and fade-out effects to smooth audio transitions.
Find your video is watermarked when using another video editor. To remove the watermark, this post may help you: How to Remove Watermark from Video and Photo.
- It has a simple and intuitive interface.
- It supports importing 3 types of media files: video, audio and photo.
- It provides numerous transitions and filters.
- It can convert video to MP4, AVI, MOV, F4V, MKV and more. (To know how to convert video files, refer to How to Convert FLV to MP4 Quickly – Two Effective Methods)
- It allows you to add title, text and credits to video.
- It supports video and audio editing.
Clownfish Voice Changer
Clownfish Voice Changer is a tool for changing your voice. It’s installed on the system level so every program that uses microphone or other audio capture devices will be affected. It is a real-time voice changer that applies to Steam, Skype, Hangouts, ooVoo, Viber, Ekiga, Jitsi, Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, Mumble, Discord, etc.
- It supports over 10 voice effects: Alien, Clone, Fast Mutation, Male pitch, Female pitch, baby pitch, Robot pitch, Custom pitch, etc.
- It contains a music player. You can manage and control your background microphone’s music. Also, you can add music sources from the Internet like YouTube and Vimeo by installing YouTube Source. You might be interested in How to Download Music from YouTube for Free.
- It can help you convert text into speech. You can select a voice you like from the drop-down menu.
- You can play various sounds like Applause, Duck and Gunshot by pressing the hotkey Ctrl + F12.
Voxal Voice Changer
Voxal Voice Changer is a powerful and real-time voice changer. You are capable of modifying, changing and disguising your voice in application or game that uses a microphone to add another dimension of creativity. Additionally, its vocal effect library includes robot, boy, girl, echo, alien and many more.
- It’s a free voice changer for non-commercial, home use.
- It creates voices for online video games, avatars and podcasts. If you’re looking for a live stream platform. See this post: YouTube Live VS Twitch: Which Platform Is Best.
- You can apply vocal effects to existing files and create voices for characters in audiobooks.
- It allows you to use a female or male voice in online games.
- It’s compatible with these programs: CSGO, Steam games, Skype, Rainbow Six Siege, TeamSpeak, etc.
- It works on Windows 10, XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1/ 64 bit Windows/ Mac OS X 10.5 or above.
If you want to upload your podcast to YouTube, you need to convert your podcast to MP4 first. Read this post to learn more: How to Convert MP3 to MP4 for Free.
Want to change video format? How to change video format to MP4? This post lists 6 video converters to help you change video format easily.
Voice Changers for PC
Would you like to prank your friends with a scary voice? Here are two free voice changers. You can change your voice in real-time on computer.
This is a free voice changer for PC that works with Vivox, Paltalk, Wire, Mumble, Tox, Viber, Ekiga, Jitsi or Hangouts. Voicemod, a simple online voice changer/transformer, can convert your voice into a robot, female or girl.
Besides, it’s a great voice modifier for games such as Players Unknown Battleground, League of Legends, Minecraft, Fortnite and Apex Legends. To save the match on YouTube or Twitch, you may need a screen recorder.
Related article: 4 Best Free Streaming Video Recorders.
- It supports chat tools like Discord, Skype, VRChat and Second Life.
- It has tons of awesome voice effects, like deep voice, chipmunk, pitch effect and much more.
- Voicemod’s Meme Sound Machine like a Soundboard app that works with online games and software.
- It integrates with Stream Deck and Streamlabs OBS.
- It works on Windows 7/8/8.1/10(64bit).
- It offers some voice changer apps for iOS and Android.
If you don’t want to install a third-party voice changer software, here recommend Voice Changer.io.
Voice Changer.io is an online voice changer. It offers over 50 voice effects for you to change your voice, including Alien, Robot, Chipmunk and so on. Unlike Voicemod, you can’t use it for online chats and games in real time. But it allows you to modify the existing audio files or record an audio clip with one of the voice effects.
- There is no need to download third-party software.
- There are more than 50 voice effects in Voice Change.io.
- You can change your voice of the audio files.
- You can record or load an audio clip with a voice effect and download them.
- It’s free to use.
Voice Changers for Phone
There are lots of voice-changing apps on the market. To avoid installing malware, here offers you the best voice changer apps both for Android and iOS.
Snapchat is a multimedia messaging app, famous for its filters. With it, you not only can launch a video chat with up to 16 friends at once and use voice filters to create funny videos, but also can express yourself with Filters, Lenses, Bitmojis, and all kinds of fun effects.
- You can chat with friends with live messaging and use filters and lenses when video chatting with friends.
- It allows you to edit your photo and video by adding a caption.
- It offers you free cloud storage for saving Snaps.
- You can download old moments to your Camera Roll.
- It’s available for Android and iOS.
- It’s free to download and use.
Call Voice Changer
Call Voice Changer is the most popular app to help you make funny prank phone calls. It changes your voice in real time. But it’s not free to use.
- It changes the pitch of your voice while on the phone.
- It can add real-time effects, that means you can inject sound effect to the live call.
- You get 2 minutes free to try the app. If you want to get more minutes, you need to purchase. The price is $0.99 for 2 minutes, $39.99 for 170 minutes.
RoboVox Voice Changer
RoboVox is a voice changing app that makes your voice sound funny, evil, musical or scary. It provides 3 different modes: change your voice live with headphones, record your voice and play it back transformed or use the parrot mode that repeats your altered voice.
- It has 32 sound effects such as Discobot, Chipmunk, Badman, Exorcist, Bionic, Dark, Stephen, Prophet, etc.
- It supports 3 different modes: real-time, parrot and recording.
- You can share your results directly on SoundCloud.
- You can save your creations as WAV files or save your transformed voice as ringtone.
Funcalls can modify your voice during the call. It’s a good way to fool your friends by altering your voice. If you want to save the prank call, just use the Record feature to record the phone call. You can also download the recorded phone calls and share them with your friends.
- You can modify your voice and use background sounds and effects.
- You can make international calls for friends or family.
- It has a clean and minimalist design.
- It’s available on iPhone, Android and soon to be on WinPhone.
- It’s not free.
When you find you can’t change your profile picture on TikTok, you may wonder why can't I change my profile pic on TikTok. How to fix it? Read this post now.
How to Change Your Voice
Here are two ways to change your voice.
Fade in and Fade out the Audio
Step 1. Download and install MiniTool MovieMaker.
Step 2. Launch this tool to access its main interface by clicking Full-Feature Mode.
Step 3. Tap on Import Media Files to import the video and the recorded audio.
Step 4. Drag the video and the audio on the timeline one by one.
Step 5. Right-click on the audio and choose the Edit option from the pop-up list.
Step 6. On this page, drag the blue dot of Fade in and Fade out to the right in the right panel. You can also adjust the volume by moving the blue dot of Volume to the left.
Step 7. When you’re done, click the OK button to apply changes.
Step 8. In the end, choose Export in the toolbar. Then it pops up a window where you can change the video name, save path, format and resolution. After that, click on Export to save the video.
Add a Vocal Effect to Your Video for Free
Take Voice Changer.io for example.
Step 1. Before adding a vocal effect to your video, you need to convert MP4 to MP3 first.
Step 2. Click on upload audio to choose the desired audio from your computer.
Step 3. Choose a vocal effect on this page and click its icon.
Step 4. When the process is done, tap on the three dots icon and click Download.
Voice changer is more than a tool that creates a prank call. It’s also an essential part of video production. Choose a voice changer and prank your friends.
If you have any questions about voice changer and MiniTool MovieMaker, please contact us [email protected] or comment on this post.
Voice Changer FAQ
- Download and install Voicemod app. Then open it.
- Wait for a while and choose the real microphone as the input device and select the headphones as the output device.
- Click on the OK button.
- Install Funcalls app on your phone and enter the number you would like to call.
- Choose the desired voice and dial the number.
- You voice would change in real time when the call is answered.
- Launch the Voicemod Voice Changer and select the voice you like.
- Open the OBS app and right-click the gear icon of Mic/Aux and choose Properties.
- Drop down the Device list and select the option Microphone(Voicemod Virtual Audio Device).
- Hit the OK button.