How to mirror YouTube video? Video flippers can help you mirror video easily. Here are the top 5 free video flippers. MiniTool software lets you flip YouTube videos, whether horizontally or vertically, but also contains many other editing features to help you create and edit video.
How to mirror video? How to mirror YouTube video? Sometimes, you might have shot a video in a wrong orientation, or you want to mirror YouTube video to achieve a special video effect. Have you found the best way to flip video upside down or horizontally?
As long as you turn to a video flipper, you can easily mirror YouTube videos. Now, you have the following 2 questions:
What is the best video flipper?
How to flip YouTube video, whether horizontally or vertically?
Here we have collected the top 5 free video flippers as well as the best way to mirror YouTube video horizontally or flip YouTube video upside down.
Best Free Video Flippers
Searching on the internet, you will find there are many video flippers. All of these tools can rotate video or mirror video. Here, we list the top 5 free video flippers.
Top 5 Video Flippers
- MiniTool MovieMaker
- Windows MovieMaker
- Freemake Video Converter
#1. MiniTool MovieMaker – Your First Choice
MiniTool MovieMaker, a free, no ads, no bundle video editor, offers simple interfaces and powerful functions to help you flip video as well as rotate video easily. If you just install this free video flipper on computer, you can flip video both horizontally and vertically very conveniently without affecting the quality.
Besides, this free video editor has many other cool features such as video transitions, filter effects, etc. to help you create videos. More importantly, it offers movie templates to help you easily and quickly create holly-wood movie trailers as well as high-resolution movies.
After that, you can export your videos into different formats including MP4, AVI, MOV, 3GP, and many others.
- It is a completely free, no ads, no spyware video flipper.
- It offers color correction to change the brightness, contrast, and others of video.
- It can split, trim, or merge video.
- It can change video speed (slow down video, speed up video), and reverse video.
- It lets you make photo slideshow with pictures and music files.
- It helps you add music to video, mute the background noise from video, edit music, merge music files, etc.
- It offers many different video transitions, video filters, and animated text modules, and motion (pan and zoom) effects, helping you complete your story.
- It can change video bitrate, video quality as well as video resolution.
It only supports Windows operating systems.
#2. Windows Movie Maker
Windows built-in tool, Windows Movie Maker, a free video editor, lets you rotate or flip videos easily. With this free tool, you can rotate video by 90, 180, or 270 degrees, or you can flip (mirror) video vertically or horizontally.
Besides, you can split or trim video with this free Microsoft video editor. You can add movie themes, visual effects, animated transitions, etc. to complete your story. After that, you can share your video on YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, etc.
- It has a clean and simple interface.
- You can directly share video to YouTube.
- It is not available anymore as a part of Windows OS.
- You can only export rotated video in MPEG and WMV formats.
- You might encounter some errors while using this Windows built-in video editor.
Related article: Windows Movie Maker errors
With iMovie for iOS and macOS, you can create movie trailers as well as movies. You also can use this free tool to rotate or flip video as well as images on Mac. Besides, iMovie offers many other editing tools to enhance your movies. And, you can share your videos to YouTube or your iPhone, iPad, etc.
- You can directly use iMovie without downloading and installing.
- It offers many other video editing features.
- You can easily create trailers with video templates.
- You can share the rotated videos to YouTube, etc.
- It only performs well with some video formats.
- Only Mac users can use it. If you want to use this tool in Windows, you might be interested in this post: iMovie for Windows.
VLC is a free open-source media player that supports Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, iOS, Android, etc. Fortunately, this free media player can be used as a video rotator. It allows you to rotate the video by 90 degrees, 180 degrees, and 270 degrees, and flip video horizontally or vertically.
- It is compatible with all different operating systems.
- It supports tons of video file formats.
- New users need some time to find the rotation option.
- It cannot rotate and save video permanently.
Related article: VLC alternatives
#5. Freemake Video Converter
Freemake Video Converter is a video converter that can convert video and movies between 500+ formats. This video converter is also a free video rotator. It allows you to rotate video by 90 degrees or 180 degrees, and it supports many input video formats such as AVI, MKV, WMV, MOV, FLV, etc.
After rotating video, you can save them on computer, device or home theatre, or directly share it to YouTube. You can run this video flipper on Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.
- You can rotate video files very fast.
- It supports hundreds of video formats for rotating.
- It lets you share the rotated video to social media directly.
It only works on the Windows platform.
How to Mirror YouTube Video
After learning the 5 free video flippers, let’s see the detailed steps on how to mirror YouTube video. Here, we take MiniTool MovieMaker for example because this free video flipper has simple interfaces as well as many good features.
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Mirror YouTube Video
Step 1. Install and launch MiniTool MovieMaker.
Free download and install this free video editor on PC. After that, you can launch it to get its main interface.
Step 2. Import YouTube videos to MiniTool MovieMaker.
In the main interface, you can click the Import Media File button to import your downloaded YouTube files and add them to the timeline.
Step 3. Mirror YouTube Video
Double-click this YouTube video in the timeline to mirror video. Now, you would notice there are 4 options in the Rotation button. They are Flip Horizontal, Flip Vertical, Rotate 90° Clockwise, and Rotate 90º Anticlockwise. Next, let’s see the detailed effect of the two Flip options to have a better understanding of how to mirror YouTube videos.
Mirror YouTube video horizontally
If you want to flip video from left to right, or from right to left, you can click the Flip Horizontal. Thus, the video will be mirrored horizontally.
Mirror YouTube video vertically
If you want to flip video upside down, you can click the Flip Vertical button.
Mirror YouTube video horizontally and vertically
Of course, you can flip your video both upside down and mirror horizontally as long as you click both buttons.
Step 4. Save video
After you flip video, you can click the Export button to save your video on PC. The default export video format is MP4, and you can change it to other file formats including AVI, MOV, WAV, etc.
Related article: MP4 to MOV.
Extend Features of MiniTool MovieMaker
MiniTool MovieMaker helps you mirror YouTube video horizontally, or flip YouTube video upside down easily. In general, this free tool has many other excellent features you might like. For instance, this tool can be used as a YouTube video clipper. Here, we list 4 common features.
- Rotate video: You can rotate video 90 degrees, or 90 counter-clockwise (rotate 270 degrees) to fix unintentional wrong shooting angles.
- Trim/split video: Sometimes, you only want a part of video. Thus, you can trim the video to remove the unwanted parts. Besides, you can split a large video into several parts, and remove some unnecessary parts. Related article: video splitter.
- Add animated text to video: After mirroring YouTube video, you might want to add some texts to your video. Here, MiniTool MovieMaker offers some animated text templates, making you add titles, captions and end credits to video.
- Change video speed: MiniTool MovieMaker can mirror YouTube video easily, and edit video easily. More importantly, it can slow down video, speed up video and reverse video. With this free video speed controller, you can easily change video speed.
What should you do if you have record your video upside down? Now, you can mirror video horizontally to make it look better.
MiniTool MovieMaker and other video flippers let you mirror video horizontally, or vertically. Which video flipper you like to use? Please tell me. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us!
Mirror YouTube Video FAQ
- Launch MiniTool MovieMaker.
- Import the video file you want to flip, and add it to the timeline.
- Double-click the video, and you can see that there are 4 options under the Rotation.
- Click the Flip Horizontal option to mirror video horizontally, or click Flip Vertical option to mirror video vertically.
- Export the video with the changes you have made.
- Open video in VLC.
- Click Tools, select Effects and Filters, and tap Video Effects.
- Select the Geometry tab.
- Flip video to mirro video.
- Launch MiniTool MovieMaker, and import your files.
- Add video file to timeline, and double-click it.
- Rotate video 90 degrees, or rotate video 90 counter-clockwise as you like.
- Save the rotated video on the PC.