This post distributed by MiniTool Software Ltd. mainly elaborates on the guides to crop a photo on both Photos and Preview applications on Mac computers. If you happen to have such needs, you come to the right place! Just read on!
In many situations, you need to crop a photo before using it either for work or for entertainment. Cropping a photo can remove the unwanted parts and focus on the import section. You can crop a photo on many devices like computers (Windows, Mac, or Linux), phones (Android or iOS), iPads, etc.
How to Crop Photo on Mac in Photos App?
How to crop photos on Mac computers? The following content will teach you. On a Mac device, you can crop a photo to a custom or preset aspect ratio, you can constrain the photo to its original aspect ratio, or you can straighten a photo that is taken at an unintentional angle.
Cropping a photo changes its appearance everywhere in Photos including albums, projects, as well as slideshows. To crop a photo without changing it everywhere, you need to create a copy of the original photo.
Step 1. Find the target photo in the Photos app on your Mac PC. Right-click on it and select Edit in the toolbar.
Step 2. Then, click Crop. If you want to quickly see the crop and straighten tools while editing, just press the C key on your keyboard.
Step 3. Next, according to your needs, you can choose one of the following operations.
- Crop or straighten the picture automatically: Click Auto.
- Crop manually: Drag the selection rectangle to enclose the area you want to keep in the photo.
- Crop to specific proportions: Click the aspect ratio you want in the sidebar or select Custom to enter a specialized aspect ratio.
- Straighten the photo: Drag the Straighten, Vertical, or Horizontal sliders to adjust the angle of the image.
- Remove the current cropping or straightening changes: Click Reset.
- Flip the photo: Click Flip to flip the picture horizontally. Option-click to flip the photo vertically.
Step 4. When you finish cropping, just click Done to save the changes. Otherwise, if you are not satisfied with the result, you can click Revert to Original to cancel the editing and re-edit the photo.
How to crop photos on an iPhone? How to crop a photo on an iPad? How to straighten & adjust the perspective of your photos? All can be done in the Photos app.
How to Crop a Photo on Mac Preview?
Besides, you can also take advantage of the Preview tool to crop your photos.
1. Open the target image with Preview software.
2. Use your mouse or trackpad to frame out the section on the photo you want to keep. During the process, you can see the crop dimensions.
If you want to crop in a different shape such as a circle, you need to click the markup icon (pencil) from the top menu and then select the Selection Tool on the left to choose a new shape.
3. Once you have cropped out the part you need, click Tools > Crop or directly click Crop to Selection in the Preview toolbar to save the change.
In addition to the built-in apps, you can also rely on third-party reliable programs to crop your photos on Mac devices like Photoshop.
Videos/Audio/Photos Management Tools Recommended
These applications are completely compatible with Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7.
An easy-to-use and free video editing software without watermarks. The embedded templates enable you to quickly make personal slideshows and share them with your friends!
MiniTool uTube Downloader
Free download YouTube videos, audio, and subtitles without ads or bundles. It can operate multiple tasks simultaneously at a high speed and supports multiple file formats.
MiniTool Video Converter
Quickly convert videos and audio from one file format to another to apply to more devices. It supports 1000+ popular output formats and batch conversion. Besides, it can also record PC screens without any watermark.
- [Solved] How to Tag/Name People/Someone in iPhone Photos?
- [Look] How to Crop a Picture on TikTok & Photo Crop Challenge
- [Guides] How to Crop a Photo in Photoshop and Photoshop Element?
- [2 Ways] How to Crop Someone out of a Photo by Photoshop/Fotor?
- [2 Ways] How to Circle Crop Photo by Office Apps (Word)?
User Comments :Post Comment