To create a podcast or add effects to a video soundtrack, you will need audio editing software. Do you learn about any best audio editing software? If no, you don’t have to worry. This post will provide you with the best audio editing software including MiniTool MovieMaker.
Audio editing software is an application that allows you to make changes in audio data. It can help you to cut, paste, copy the recordings, import, and export various audio formats. Sometimes, you must use the power of audio editors to obtain a perfect aural experience. To help you find the best one, this post will focus on the best audio editing software for Windows, Mac, and Android.
Top 5 Best Audio Editing Software for Windows
If you desire to find an audio editor with a clear interface and mastering tools, Ocenaudio might be the best audio editing software for Windows. Besides, it’s also considered as one of the best music editing software.
- The free audio editing software supports VST plugins and offers numerous effects.
- It allows you to preview the audio effects in real time.
- It has no limits on the length or quantity of the audio files you can edit.
There’s no doubt that Audacity is an excellent and professional audio editing software packed with comprehensive features. It supports almost all audio formats, so you can edit any audio file and save it. What’s more, it’s an audio speed changer and audio recorder.
- It’s completely free and easy to use.
- It can copy, delete, split, paste, cut, and trim audio, etc.
- It can record live audio through a microphone or mixer, or digitize recordings from other media.
- It gives many audio effects.
3. MiniTool MovieMaker
If you’re looking for free audio editing software to edit audio in the video, MiniTool MovieMaker should be the best audio editing software for Windows. It can enable you to edit audio easily and quickly. Moreover, it’s a video editor without a watermark, such as making meme videos, Merry Christmas GIFs, etc.
- It supports common audio formats: MP3, FLAC, M4R, WAV, M4A, etc.
- It can extract or remove audio from video and change the duration of audio.
- It’s able to delete, split, trim, merge, mute, fade in, and fade out audio.
- It can cut and merge MP3 files, add music to video, etc.
4. Ashampoo Music Studio 2019
It’s another best music editing software packed with various functions. With it, you can convert music to the format you like or burn it to disc. In addition, it can work as music mixing software.
- It can change the speed and pitch of the audio tracks.
- It can cut, delete, split audio tracks, etc.
- It can extract movie audio tracks, and turn them into ringtones.
- It produces the perfect volume of songs because of its normalization for WMA.
- It’s easy to turn recordings into
5. Ableton Live
It’s also regarded as one of the best music editing software with a larger number of features. With creative ideas, you can make great songs. With it, you can turn melodies, harmonies, sampled beats, and more into MIDI.
- It supports unlimited audio tracks.
- It has 256 mono input channels and 256 mono output channels.
- It offers a huge collection of pre-recorded sounds.
- It supports 13 software instruments and 40+ effects.
Top 5 Best Audio Editing Software for Mac
WavePad is one of the best audio editing software for Mac. This professional audio editing software has versatile features, and it can record and edit music, sounds, and other audio recordings. It offers a free version only available for non-commercial use. And it supports the most popular formats. Moreover, it can work as a WAV or MP3 editor.
- It has many editing tools, like cutting, trimming, splitting, copying, etc.
- It can apply audio effects, such as echo, amplification, reverb, noise reduction, etc.
- It can edit audio in video and create ringtones from music recordings.
2. Apple Garageband
It’s recognized as one of the best music editing software to create and edit music. It’s equipped with a perfect sound library including instruments, presets for guitar and voice, drummers and percussionists. Besides, it has an intuitive interface, so it’s easy to create, play, record, and share your hits.
- It lets you make music with or without instruments.
- It can move, trim, split, and copy audio files.
- It can work as a pitch changer to change the pitch of selected audio files.
3. Adobe Audition
Adobe Audition is another professional audio editing software with comprehensive tools including multitrack, waveform, and spectral display to make, mix, record, restore, and edit audio content . This excellent audio editor also supports the most common formats.
- It can move, overlay, copy, trim, and split audio, and set audio clip properties.
- It can add oomph to audio, record, and integrate music clips.
- It gives a variety of sound effects.
- It can automatically edit music to the desired length with the remix function.
4. Logic Pro X
Logic Pro X, one of the best audio editing software for Mac, can help you edit audio with its incredible functions both for beginners and experienced users. It almost comes with all the basic features you want. What’s more, it’s also the best DAW software for Mac.
- It provides a great number of pre-recorded sounds and patches.
- It’s compatible with most audio formats and supports a variety of plugins.
- It offers many amazing audio effects.
- It can transform sounds into instruments with Sampler and Quick Sampler.
If you want an affordable audio editor, Reaper should be the best audio editing software for Mac. And it can work with almost all audio formats, so you can edit any audio as you like.
- It supports thousands of third-party plug-in effects and virtual instruments.
- It can support 64 channels in each track.
- It can apply sound-quality effects in real time.
- It’s able to record multiple tracks, layers, overdub, record in a loop, etc.
Do you want to edit audio without downloading any software? Undoubtedly, you can do that with free online audio editors. This post will offer 5 excellent ones.
Top 3 Best Audio Editing Software for Android
1. Voice Pro
Voice Pro, a feature-rich app, is thought of as the best audio editing software for Android. It allows you to edit music easily, like removing noise, inserting background, etc. Also, it provides you with high-quality recordings. Furthermore, it can enable you to share audio content on Facebook, Twitter, and Voice Pro Cloud.
- It can add audio effects and change tempo and volume.
- It can record audio in more than 100 formats, mix and merge audio.
- It can convert audio to MP3, WAV, FLAC, and OGG.
2. Music Editor
It’s the most useful and best audio editing software for Android because it can be an audio editor, an MP3 cutter, a ringtone maker, and a song editor. It’s easy to use and free of charge.
- It can trim, crop, merge, mix, compress, and split audio.
- It can speed up or slow down the audio.
- It can change the volume level of audio.
3. FL Studio Mobile
If you want to be more creative in audio editing, it may be the best audio editing software for Android. With its basic functions, you can edit audio with ease. Besides, you’re available to create music completely from scratch.
It has a wide range of audio effects.
It supports high-quality synthesizers, samplers, drum kits & sliced-loop beats.
It can save and load your songs and export them to WAV, MP3 & FLAC.
You’ve already learned 13 wonderful audio editors, but how to edit audio in a video? Please continue to read this post.
How to Edit Audio in the Video
Occasionally, you may need to edit audio in the video to get a better visual and aural delight. But how to edit audio in the video? To solve this problem, MiniTool MovieMaker is recommended here. It is an excellent movie maker, but also a good audio editor.
Here’s clear guidance on how to edit audio in the video with MiniTool MovieMkaer.
Step 1. Launch MiniTool MovieMaKer
1. Download and install this free audio editing software on your computer.
2. Open it, shut down the pop-up window, and have access to the operation interface.
Step 2. Upload your files.
1. To import your files, you can click Import Media Files, then choose the target file, and tap on Open to upload your files.
2. Tap on the + or drag and drop the file to add it to the timeline.
Step 3. Edit the audio in the video.
You can edit the audio in video with the following tips.
1. Fade in and fade out the audio: In the timeline, right-click the audio track and choose Edit to get the following options. And then you can move the slider to adjust the fade-in and fade-out duration and change the volume.
2. Trim audio: Move the blue marker to the point where you want to trim audio, and then click the scissor icon.
3. Change the duration of the audio: By moving the clip’s start point or endpoint, you can change the duration of the audio.
4. Delete audio: To delete the unwanted tracks, you can select the audio and then tap on the Delete button.
5. Merge audio files: Select Import Media Files to import more audio files, and add them to the timeline.
Step 4. Save your files.
1. After your editing is done well, click Export to get the following window.
2. You can rename the video, and change the saving destination. The default video format is MP4. If you want to save the video in another format, you can tap on the Format box to change it.
An audio splitter is a helpful tool to split large-size audio files. This article introduces 9 audio splitters and gives 2 methods to split audio files.
This post reviews the best audio editing software for Mac, Windows, and Android as well as come best music editing software. After reading it, I hope you can find the most suitable one. Furthermore, it shows you how to edit the audio in the video. If you want to be more creative in video making, you can try to edit audio in the video with the above tips.
And if you have any questions, please contact us via [email protected] or leave your suggestions in the below comments area.
Best Audio Editing Software FAQ
- Download and install Audacity on your computer.
- Record and playback the sounds.
- Choose and import audio tracks.
- Select the target audio track.
- Change the tempo and pitch of the audio.
- Delete and split audio tracks.
- Export and save the audio.
- Download and install AVS Audio Editor.
- Launch AVS Audio Editor and upload your video files.
- Apply various effects to audio tracks.
- Replace the original audio with another audio track.
- Save changes and the video files.
- Download and open WavePad Audio Editor on your phones.
- Upload the WAV file you want to edit.
- Edit the file, like trimming, splitting, and mixing audio, reducing noise, and change the volume, etc.
- Export and save the WAV files.