What Is Microsoft Movies and TV?
Microsoft Movies & TV is a digital video service offered by Microsoft. It provides full instant-on HD movies and TV shows available for rental or purchase in the Video Store. Microsoft Movies and TV also offers an application for people to watch and manage local videos from their personal digital collections.
Microsoft Movies & TV (name) is only used in the United States. It is called Microsoft Films & TV in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, and the UK. This service is previously known as Xbox Video and Zune Video. Now, it is still accessible on all Xbox consoles since Xbox 360 and all Microsoft Windows computers since Windows 8. Besides, Microsoft Movies and TV is also available on the web.
Does Windows 11 have a media player? Where is Windows Media Player in Windows 11? Get answers in this article!
These are the features you can use on Microsoft TV and Movies:
- Play your video collection.
- Watch instantly in HD.
- Rent and purchase the newest movies.
- Watch rentals and purchases on Xbox 360/One, Windows 10/11 devices, Windows Phone, and the web.
- Access the latest TV show the day right after the air.
- Make use of customer and critic ratings when selecting programs.
- Find what you want quickly and easily.
- View the full descriptions of your favorite TV shows or movies.
- Watch movies and TV shows with captions closed.
Movies and TV Windows 11
Microsoft Movies and TV app was first included in Windows 10 and it is still available in the latest Windows 11. Yet, it seems that Microsoft tends to abandon Movies and TV and replace it with the new Media Player app, which is also a replacement for the old Windows Media Player and Groove Music.
Microsoft Movies and TV Release Dates
The predecessor of Microsoft Movies and TV – Zune Video was released in 2006. Then, on October 14, 2012, Xbox Video was published to replace Zune Video. In 2015, Xbox Video was renamed Microsoft Movies & TV.
When was the new Windows 11 Media Player released? What were the release dates of the various versions of the legacy Windows Media Player?
Microsoft Movies & TV Supported Formats
Microsoft Movies & TV app supports the following file format.
Microsoft Movies and TV App Download
The most direct and only official way to download Windows 10 or Windows 11 Movies & TV app is from the Microsoft Store. Just click the following link to get access to the entrance. Or, you can directly search for “movies & TV” in Microsoft Store.
Microsoft Movies and TV on Android/iOS
Since Microsoft Movies and TV now supports Movies Anywhere, you can buy Movies Anywhere eligible films from Microsoft Movies and TV and watch them on supported platforms including Xbox, Windows, Android, iOS, as well as streaming devices like Roku. Besides, you can sync your account to access your entire Movies Anywhere library on Microsoft Movies and TV, no matter where you purchased it!
Microsoft Movies and TV doesn’t support Chromecast currently when this article was created, nor does Movies Anywhere.
Microsoft Movies and TV Not Working
If your Microsoft Movies and TV app not working, you can try the following fixes.
- Restart Microsoft Movies and TV or reboot the computer.
- Adjust Windows settings (time, date, language, region, etc.) to make them compatible with Microsoft Movies & TV.
- Keep a good and stable network connection.
- Remove system temp files.
- Restore default libraries on the computer.
- Reset Microsoft Movies and TV.
- Uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Movies & TV.
- Convert videos to a format supported by Microsoft Movies and TV with a video converter.
- Use Microsoft Movies & TV alternatives.
Microsoft Movies & TV Alternatives
In addition to Microsoft Movies and TV, there are many similar services in the market including but not limited to Amazon Prime Video, Google Play Movies & TV, iTunes Store, as well as PlayStation Video.
How to open Windows 11 Movies & TV in various ways? What to do if you fail to launch Microsoft Movies & TV app? All answers are here!
Videos/Audio/Photos Management Tools Recommended
These applications are completely compatible with Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7.
An easy-to-use video editing software without watermarks and limits. The embedded templates enable you to quickly make personal slideshows and share them with your friends!
MiniTool Video Converter
Quickly convert videos and audio from one file format to another to apply to more devices. It supports 1000+ popular output formats and batch conversion. Besides, it can also record PC screens without any watermark.
Related article: [6 Ways] Movies and TV App No Sound Causes and Fixes