Most people know that SWF files cannot be edited directly. Fortunately, this article introduces 3 excellent SWF editors, also known as SWF decompilers, that can help you modify your SWF files. Or, you can convert the SWF file to other editable video formats, and then edit it with MiniTool MovieMaker.
SWF is an Adobe Flash file format. Unlike other multimedia files, you cannot view an SWF file in a web browser without the Flash Player plugin. Besides, SWF files cannot be edited directly. To edit SWF files, there are two feasible methods - convert SWF to other editable video formats or decompiles the SWF files.
This post focuses on the second method and introduces 3 SWF decompilers that you can try out.
Here Are the Top 3 Best SWF Editors
- Sothink SWF Quicker
- Eltima Flash Decompiler Trillix
- JPEXS Free Flash Decompiler
1. Sothink SWF Quicker
Sothink SWF Quicker is an excellent tool used to edit an existing SWF or create Flash from scratch. With this easy-to-use SWF editor, you can get rid of the complicated Adobe Flash tool to execute changes.
Moreover, this SWF editor also has the same vector editing capability as Adobe Flash does but costs less, and it is able to export movies as diverse formats like SWF, EXE, GIF, AVI, as well.
How to edit SWF files using Sothink SWF Quicker?
- Launch your Sothink SWF Quicker.
- Go to File > Open in the menu bar and import the SWF file from your local computer.
- After the SWF file is imported, you will see all the SWF elements are extracted.
- You can replace, add, or modify the elements as you like.
- Edit the SWF file by changing tag values.
- Show/Hide the SWF file header.
- Sort SWF tags in the default order or category.
- Preview the individual tag node of the SWF file.
- Easy-to-use intro Flash maker.
- Intelligent ActionScript editor.
- Powerful vector editing capability.
- Rich output formats.
2. Eltima Flash Decompiler Trillix
Flash Decompiler Trillix is another great SWF editor, which can help you decompile Flash movies, extract SWF elements to multiple formats, and edit SWF files like texts, hyperlinks, images and more on the go without Adobe Flash installed.
Additionally, this software and can decompile SWF files and obtain FLA or Flex source code in seconds.
- Easily export SWF resources to your hard drive.
- Modify existing images, sounds, texts, links, and other objects in the SWF file.
- Quickly convert SWF to FLA or Flex source code.
- Extract Flash videos into AVI, MPEG, and other playable formats.
- Batch processing is available.
Also read: SWF to MP4
3. JPEXS Free Flash Decompiler
With an intuitive and simple-to-use interface, JPEXS is an open-source and free SWF editor that lets you decompile SWF files and then view and even edit their included resources, such as scripts, shapes, sounds, images, movie clips, fonts, text, and so on.
In addition, this feature-rich tool can also easily extract resources from SWF files and convert any SWF files to FLA, XML, and EXE files.
- Export resources of SWF files.
- Support SWF to FLA and EXE conversion.
- Various output formats are available.
- Display ActionScript source code.
- Multi-language support.
What are video templates? Where to get free video templates? How to make cool videos with video templates? All of these questions will be answered in this post.
Since there is no solution to edit SWF files directly, maybe you can try any of the above-mention SWF editors/decompilers. If you have any questions or suggestions about it, please let us know via [email protected] or share them in the comments section below.