TikTok Stitch feature allows users to trim a clip from someone else’s video and then use it at the beginning of their video. But how to stitch on TikTok? This post will offer a clear guide on how to do a stitch on TikTok and other tips on using TikTok Stitch.
What Is Stitch on TikTok
TikTok has announced a new editing feature in September 2020 called Stitch. This feature allows users to choose a clip up to five seconds from another user’s video and then record their addition to make a video stitch.
Similar to duet, Stitch is another way to collaborate with other TikTok users and reinterpret other users’ content. But the difference is that Duet lets users make reaction videos on split-screen. The TikTok Stitch, however, enables users to add a recording to the stitched clip.
Video stitch is growing popular on TikTok. You can also create a TikTok Stitch video to gain popularity. How do you stitch on TikTok? How to stitch on TikTok? Continue to read the following part.
Related article: How to Do Slow Motion on TikTok & Watch a TikTok in Slow Motion
You can save videos from TikTok directly. But you’ll find TikTok watermarks on this video. How to remove TikTok watermarks? Read this post to find the best way.
How to Stitch on TikTok
After knowing what a TikTok Stitch is, let’s follow these steps to learn how to stitch on TikTok.
- Open the TikTok app on your phone.
- Go to Discover and type “#stitch@username” in the search bar to find the video you want to stitch.
- Tap the Send to button on the right side of the screen, and press the Stitch
- Scroll through the video and select a clip by trimming. Just trim the clip as you like but you’re allowed to select up to five seconds.
- Click the Next to confirm the selected clip, then tap the Record button to start your recording. If necessary, you can choose the camera tool like Flip, Speed, Timer, Zoom, etc. to make a good recording.
- After the recording, you can edit the video by adding text or filters. Once done, tap the Next.
- Give your TikTok a title and tags, and tap the Post to post the video stitch on TikTok.
If you find the Stitch button is disabled after opening a video, it means the creator has denied the Stitch access.
How to Allow TikTok Stitch
If you want to allow other users to stitch your videos, you need to allow TikTok Stitch. How to enable or disable Stitch for all videos on TikTok? Check this part.
- Open the TikTok app and go to your profile, tap the three-dot icon in the upper right corner.
- Select the Privacy > Who can Stitch with your videos.
- Click the Everyone or Friends to allow the Stitch feature or tap No one to disable this feature for all of your videos.
The above section describes how to allow or disable TikTok Stitch for all videos. You can also change the Stitch setting for each video you’d like to upload. Before posting the video, just tap the toggle switch next to Allow Stitch to disable this feature.
Other Tips on Using TikTok Stitch
After learning about what a Stitch on TikTok is and how to stitch on TikTok, look at this part to know other tips on using TikTok Stitch.
1. How to stitch a video on TikTok from camera roll?
Can you stitch a video on TikTok from camera roll? At present, TikTok doesn’t allow users to make a stitch video from a camera roll. You can use other third-party apps to do this and then upload it on TikTok.
2. How to watch video stitch on TikTok?
To explore stitches on TikTok, just go to the Discover, and then enter “#stitch@username” in the search bar, then start search and you’ll see various popular stitches.
3. How to fix the Stitch option not showing on TikTok?
Make sure you have the latest version of TikTok before trying these troubleshooting steps.
- Restart the TikTok app and your device.
- Check Internet connection.
- Clear app cache. (Click the Me, tap the three-dot icon, and click the Clear cache.)
This post has compiled a list of 6 apps like TikTok to share and watch short-form videos. Check out it now and find the best TikTok alternative.
This post tells you how to stitch on TikTok with clear steps and what TikTok Stitch is as well we other tips on using TikTok app. Now, follow these steps to make a video stitch on TikTok.