Video transitions, also known as video transition effects, are a type of post-production technique used in movie or video editing to connect one shot to another. MiniTool MovieMaker offers different types of free video transitions including Advanced, Diagonals, Iris, PagePeel, Reveals, Wipe, etc.
Click the Transition tab to access the transition library. You can apply transitions between video and image clips on the video track.
3 Solutions to Add a Transition
#1 Add a Transition Between Two Shots/Clips
- On the timeline, select the clip to which you want to add a transition next.
- Go to the Transition tab.
- Select the desired transition and then click the plus icon (+) on it. Or you can also drag and drop the desired transition to the location between the target 2 clips.
- You can preview the transition effect in the Player section.
- Between two shots, you can only apply one transition.
#2 Add a Transition Between Multiple Clips
- Select the clips where you want to add the same transition.
- Go to Transition.
- Right-click on the desired transition and then select Apply to Selected Clips.
#3 Add a Transition to All Clips
- Go to Transition.
- Right-click the desired transition and then select Apply to All.
Edit a Transition
After applying a transition, you can further manage it to meet your needs better.
- Click on the transition on the timeline to select it.
- Move to the upper-right Transition Property. There, you can specify these settings:
- Duration: Change transition Duration.
- Transition Mode: Set transition mode as Overlap, Prefix, or Postfix to adjust the time when the transition effect appears.
If you want to cancel all the transition settings you have made, just click the Reset button. If you want to apply these settings to all the transitions you have added to the timeline, just use the Apply to all option.
4 Solutions to Delete a Transition
- Right-click the transition on the timeline and choose the Delete option to remove the transition.
- Select the transition and click the trash icon on the timeline toolbar.
- Select the transition and then press the Delete button on the keyboard.
- Add another transition to the target transition’s location to replace it.