This essay provided by MiniTool Software mainly teaches you how to look at old Snapchat messages. In general, there are 3 ways, from the app‘s built-in feature, Snapchat data, and making use of professional software.
Among instant-message apps, Snapchat is special for the messages you send and receive will disappear automatically and quickly in 24 hours. Yet, sometimes you may need to see the conversion you participated in with a specific person. Unfortunately, you can’t do that if you haven’t stored the messages or taken a screenshot of them.
For the saved messages, there are several ways to view them.
#1 How to See Old Messages on Snapchat through Scrolling
First of all, you can watch old Snapchat messages by scrolling through them.
Step 1. Open Snapchat and log into your account.
Step 2. Swipe right to go to the Chat page. There, you can see the people you snapped with recently.
Step 3. Tap the person with whom you’d like to see conversion.
Step 4. Scroll to the top and check the saved messages, which have a gray outline around them.
Why is my Snapchat saying something went wrong? How to handle the problem with reliable and easy methods? This article is right for you!
#2 How to View Old Snapchat Messages by Downloading Snapchat Data?
Secondly, you can directly read old Snapchat messages within its data. Thus, you have to download Snapchat data.
- Launch Snapchat and sign in to your profile page.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap My Data under the Account Actions section.
- Confirm your account again by inputting your username, email, and password.
- Select Submit Request. If you can’t see this option, double check personal info you provided in the last step. Then, you will be directed to a new page saying “We Received Your Request”.
- Next, you will receive an email from Snapchat with a link to download your data. It may take several minutes for Snapchat to get your data ready. So, wait patiently for the e-mail.
- Download your Snapchat data relying on the link in the email and you may be required to provide your identification again.
- Open the downloaded data folder and find chat history.html where your old Snapchat messages are saved. It contains message content, the names of your friends or group chats, media type, as well as the date and time the Snap was sent. Only saved text messages and not saved media will be there.
#3 How to See Old Snapchat Messages relying on Professional Apps?
Thirdly, you can take advantage of a Snapchat history viewer program to see its old messages like the AirDroid Parental Control app, which enables you to easily sync notifications and text messages on another device to yours, MobiStealth, and Spyic.
Just install AirDroid Parental Control on your phone and pair your kid’s phone to yours, and you can see your kid’s incoming Snapchat conversion history from the app notification. Besides Snapchat, AirDroid Parental Control can also be applied to Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, and Line.
How do I delete old messages on Messenger? Does Messenger delete old messages? This article will answer all the questions.
Videos/Audio/Photos Management Tools Recommended
These applications are completely compatible with Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7.
An easy-to-use and free video editing software without watermarks. The embedded templates enable you to quickly make personal slideshows and share them with your friends!
MiniTool uTube Downloader
Free download YouTube videos, audio, and subtitles without ads or bundles. It can operate multiple tasks simultaneously at a high speed and supports multiple file formats.
MiniTool Video Converter
Quickly convert videos and audio from one file format to another to apply to more devices. It supports 1000+ popular output formats and batch conversion. Besides, it can also record PC screens without any watermark.