Duet, one of TikTok’s most popular features, allows you to create a video alongside other TikToker’s videos. How to make a duet on TikTok? This post will walk you through the steps of how to duet on TikTok and some methods to fix duet not working on TikTok.
Videos with the hashtag #duet have amassed more than 2156.6 B views. Want to make a duet on TikTok to get more views? How to duet on TikTok? Continue to read this post (Try MiniTool MovieMaker to create or edit a TikTok video).
How to Enable Duet on TikTok
Before learning how to make a TikTok duet, you need to make sure that the duet feature is enabled.
- Open the TikTok app and tap on Me.
- On your profile page, click the three dots and select Settings and privacy.
- Go to Privacy and choose Who can Duet with your videos under the SAFETY.
- Then choose one of the options: Everyone, Friends (Followers that you follow back), or Only me.
How do you put a TikTok video in reverse? To solve this, this post will teach you how to reverse a video on TikTok and how to reverse other’s TikTok videos.
How to Duet on TikTok
Take the following steps to learn how to duet on TikTok.
- Open the TikTok app and tap on Discover.
- Enter “duet” in the search box and click on Search.
- Browse these videos and find the video you want to duet with. Open the video.
- After that, click the sharing button on the right side of your screen.
- Choose Duet from the popup menu.
- Tap the Record button to start recording your video.
- When you’re done, edit the duet video and click Next. Then you can add a caption to your video and decide who can watch this video.
- In the end, post the video.
Related article: 10 Popular TikTok Songs of 2021 + How to Add Music to TikTok
How to Fix Duet Not Working on TikTok
Duet not recording sound? Duet is not allowed for this video? If you are encountering these issues, try the following methods to fix duet not working on TikTok.
Fix 1. Update TikTok
The outdated TikTok version can cause various problems including duet not working. To solve this, you need to update your TikTok app to the latest version.
- Open Google Play or App Store.
- Find the TikTok app and tap on Update.
- After updating the app, open it and check if the issue is fixed.
Fix 2. Check for microphone permission
To fix the duet not recording sound problem, you should check for microphone permission.
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to Apps > Manage Apps > TikTok.
- Tap on Permissions and enable the Microphone access.
- Open the Settings app.
- Find and choose TikTok.
- Then turn on the microphone.
Fix 3. Reboot your phone
Restart your phone and try it again.
Fix 4. Reinstall TikTok
The above methods are not working? Then you should reinstall the TikTok app.
- Go to Google Play or App Store to uninstall the app.
- Then click on Install to reinstall the app on your phone.
Fix 5. Use the React feature
The react feature is similar to duet. It allows you to record your video and audio watching someone else’s TikTok video. Here’s how:
- Open TikTok and find the wanted video.
- Tap on the sharing button and choose React to record your video.
- Then check if it records your sound.
This post teaches you how to duet on TikTok and how to fix duet not working on TikTok. Now, follow this guide and make a TikTok duet!