When you send a video, there is a size limit. If you have large recorded videos or other video files, you can convert video to link to make it easier to send or share in different formats. How to create a link for a video file? This post offers 2 solutions.
When you watch videos online, you can directly copy and paste the video’s URL to share it. If you have a video especially a large one on your computer, how to turn it into a link to share? Look through this following part and learn how to convert video to link. (Try MiniTool MovieMaker to edit your video.)
Solution 1. Create a Link for Video via Social Media
You can copy and share the link of other people’s videos from any social media platform. Likewise, you can upload a video to any social media and get a sharable link. Here’re some of the best platforms to create a link for your video: YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo, Instagram, Flicker. And the following section will take YouTube and Facebook as examples to show you how to turn a video into a link.
How to create a link for a video file using YouTube?
- Go to YouTube and log in to your account.
- Click the CREATE > Upload videos in the upper right corner, then tap on SELECT FILES to browse for your video, and click the Open.
- Complete the video elements like title, video thumbnail.
- After uploading, you’ll see a video link beneath the video, just copay the video URL.
- Click the PUBLISH to post the video on YouTube.
Related article: Useful Tips on How to Make Your YouTube Videos Private
How to create a link for a video file using Facebook?
- Go to Facebook and sign in, click the What's on your mind, [Name]?at the top of your News Feed.
- Click the Photo/Video button (a green icon) in the Add to your post box.
- Select a video and click the Post. Click the three-dot icon and click the Copy link to get the video link.
Also read: How to Make Photos Private on Facebook
Solution 2. Create a Link for Video via Cloud Services
If you think solution 1 lacks privacy, just jump to solution 2. This part will show you how to create a link for a video file via cloud storage services. After you upload the videos to the cloud storage services, you can also get a sharable link. Here we will take Google Photos and Dropbox as an example.
How to create a link for a video file using Google Photos?
- Open Google Chrome, click the Google apps icon to the left of your profile, and click the Photos
- Tap the Upload button then select the Computer or Google Drive and upload a video you want to make a link for.
- Paly the video, and click the Share buttonon the top right corner.
- Choose the Create link > Create link, and click the Copy to get the video link.
How to create a link for a video file using Dropbox?
- After signing in to Dropbox, tap on the Upload to upload your video.
- Once done, hover over the video, click the Copy Link button to generate and copy the video link.
- Alternatively, click the Share button and add an email, then copy the link or directly share this file.
By the way, if you want to make a link for a video on iPhone, just open the Photos app and select the video, tap the Share button and scroll down and choose the Copy iCloud Link, then paste it. After that, you can paste the link into a text message, email, or social media post to share it with anyone.
Also read: Top 3 Methods to Compress Video for Email
With these methods, you’ll find it simple to convert video to link. Just try these ways to create a link for your video and share it with others.