WhatsApp is one of the most popular cross-platform instant messaging and voice over IP (VoIP) applications. It allows you to send text and voice messages, share videos and images, and make voice and video calls. In this post, I will tell you how to save video from WhatsApp on your phone and computer.
Want to save WhatsApp videos for offline viewing? How to save video from WhatsApp on phone and computer? Check out this post and learn how to save WhatsApp status videos and incoming videos.
Try MiniTool MovieMaker to edit the saved WhatsApp videos!
How to Save Video from WhatsApp on Mobile Phone
Photos and videos you receive in WhatsApp are automatically saved on your phone, provided that the auto-downloading feature is enabled. Here’s how to enable the Media auto-download feature.
- Open the WhatsApp app.
- In the main screen of WhatsApp, click the three dots in the upper right corner.
- Go to Settings > Storage and data.
- Tap the following options “When using mobile data” “When connected on Wi-Fi” “When roaming” and make sure that Videos is selected. Click OK.
- If the downloaded videos are not showing up in your Gallery. Go to Settings > Chats > Media visibility. Then open the Photos app and check the downloaded videos.
How to Save WhatsApp Status Videos
WhatsApp status video will be removed automatically after 24 hours. If you want to save WhatsApp status videos, you can use a third-party app – Status Saver (which lets you directly save status videos from WhatsApp), or use file manager.
- Watch the status video that you wish to save.
- Open the file manager on your phone. Choose Settings and enable the Show hidden files button. If there is no file manager on your Android phone, download file manager apps like File by Google or ES File Explorer.
- Then go to the Internal storage and click the search icon to search the WhatsApp folder.
- Open the Media folder and tap on .Statuses where you can see all the loaded WhatsApp status videos or photos.
- Copy the status videos that you want to save and paste them into another folder.
Want to know how to save Facebook Messenger videos? See this post: How to Download Video from Facebook Messenger? 3 Ways
How to Save Video from WhatsApp on Computer
WhatsApp also works on Mac, Windows and runs in web browsers. So how to save video from WhatsApp on the computer? Take the steps below!
- Launch Google Chrome and open the WhatsApp web app.
- Log in to your WhatsApp account and open the conversation that contains the video you want to download.
- Tap the video to open it. Then you will see the Download button located in the top right corner of the window, click the Download button to save the video.
- How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages on iPhone
- How to Download WhatsApp Audio & Convert WhatsApp Audio to MP3
- How to Fix WhatsApp Voice Messages Not Working – 9 Ways [Solved]
That’s all about how to save video from WhatsApp on different devices.